Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Coming Soon: 10/12/12

Last week I caught my first cold of the season.  So the thought of going to the theaters wasn't a pleasant prospect; plus I doubt anyone there would've appreciated me sniffling and coughing through the whole movie.  Because I was sick I missed out on seeing Lawrence of Arabia in theaters.  Yeah.  I'm still disappointed by that.  It's a new week, I'm feeling better, and there's some really good movies coming out this week.  Let's take a look.

1) ARGO: A truth is stranger than fiction account of CIA operatives working in Iran during the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

The Good: Ben Affleck is more than capable of pulling movies like this off.  Throw in guys like Alan Arkin and this is going to be great.

The Bad: Political thrillers have a niche audience so it might not appeal to everyone.

Final Thoughts: I love movies like this not only from an action fan standpoint but from a history standpoint.  I'll definately want to see this one.

2) SINISTER: A true crime novelist discovers a true crime story in his own house.  And the killer is a ghost.

The Good: The trailers look phenominal and look like they take the time to build suspense.

The Bad: If you can't buy the premise of an evil spirit living in pictures, then there's nothing for you here.

Final Thoughts: It looks very reminicient of other horror films.  For example The Ring or Mirrors.  I think it will please horror fans.

3) SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS: A screenwriter dreams of finishing his story when he and his friends kidnap a gangster's beloved dog.

The Good: CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!!!!!  And some other funny guys.

The Bad: It's a farcical comedy where crazy things happen.  Oh wait.  Sorry.  I'm supposed to write some thing bad here.  Nevermind.

Final Thoughts: If you liked Smoking Aces, this is your movie.  Oh and there is that one guy who I really like.  I plan to see this before any other this week.

4) HERE COMES THE BOOM: A beloved science teacher tries to earn money for his school by competing in MMA matches.

The Good: It's a good natured comedy with a protagonist you want to root for.

The Bad: It's going to be as predictable as you think.

Final Thoughts: Kevin James is a comedic genius and Selma Hayek can still light up the screen.  It's going to be a lot of fun.

5) ATLAS SHRUGGED - PART II: People struggle to get by as the world economy sinks into another Great Depression.

The Good: No.

The Bad: The drama is forced, the political message is heavy-handed, and the premise of the story is fundamentally cynical.

Final Thoughts: If you thought Battleship was bad, watch this.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment