Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Coming Soon: 6/8/12

Yeah last week wasn't so great moviewise.  But this week is sure to be better.  There's some great ones that I'm personally excited to see.

1) PROMETHEUS: Clues to the beginning of life on Earth leads them to some very dangerous surprises.

The Good: It's Ridley Scott doing an Alien franchise prequel.  This is going to be awesome.

The Bad: It has a high standard to live up to; namely Alien.

Final Thoughts: I can't wait to see this.  I love the Alien movies (except Resurrection) and some new blood is exactly what this franchise needs.

2) MADAGASCAR 3 EUROPE'S MOST WANTED: The gang is still trying to get home to New York and their travels lead them through Europe and a traveling circus.

The Good: It's a kid's animated movie that keeps getting better.

The Bad: It doesn't offer much to old guys like me.

Final Thoughts: Take your kids to see it.  I'm sure they'll have a lovely time.  They might even eat their vegetables.

3) LOLA VERSUS: A 29-year-old woman is dumped by her boyfriend just before the wedding and she goes on a journey of self discovery as a woman about to turn 30.

The Good: I think Bill Pullman is in it.  He was good in Independence Day.

The Bad: Another insulting rom/com about a woman that doesn't know how to live without a man.

Final Thoughts: Speaking as someone who is older than 30, it's not a big deal.  I find movies like this shallow because this woman loses her entire reason for being because she isn't married by age 30.  I'm 31, I'm not married, and yet I find a way to go on.  Somehow.  In other words, I won't be seeing this.

4) DARK HORSE: A mentally retarded guy meets a mentally retarded girl and things happen.

The Good: The cast is an amazing collection of unheralded comedians.  Plus CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!!!

The Bad:  Bad?  What bad?  CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!!!!

Final Thoughts: If Christopher Walken is in it, he's going to bring the funny.  Even if he didn't mean to.

See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment