Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Coming Soon: 6/15/12

Hmm... Prometheus... It's been a while since I've seen such a divisive movie.  I've heard from people, many with opinions I hold in high regard, really slam that movie.  I thought it was okay.  Disappointing yes.  But still okay.  Anyway, there's new movies coming out.  Let's see what they are.

1) ROCK OF AGES: An 80's style musical about a rural girl and a city boy falling in love.

The Good: The best music of the 80's sung by some of the biggest celebrities of the 90's.

The Bad: This is Moulin Rouge minus the whimsy.  And I'm not much of a fan of Tom Cruise these days.

Final Thoughts: I'm a child of the 80's.  I love 80's hair band rock music.  But I didn't like Moulin Rouge.  This one is a toss up.  I'll probably end up going to see it.

2) THAT'S MY BOY: A father tries to reconnect with his son before his son gets married.

The Good: If you like Adam Sandler, it has Adam Sandler doing what Adam Sandler does in just about all his movies.

The Bad: Adam Sandler movies have become so tired, dirivitive, and cliche that, literally, if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Final Thoughts: Vanilla Ice is in the movie.  Enough said.

3) YOUR SISTER'S SISTER: A guy dealing with the loss of his brother goes to a secluded cabin and has an affair with his best friend's sister.

The Good: An emotional comedy filled with amazing actors.

The Bad: Movies like this very often become less grounded and just become silly and more soap opera than real drama.

Final Thoughts: If there were any movie out this week worth taking a chance on, this is it.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment