Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Coming Soon: 5/11/12

I'm sorry this is so late.  I've been sick and at the same time trying to get my car fixed.  I swear I fix one problem and then another pops up.  Anyway, I did get a few new movies and I'll be checking those out this week.  Now, let's see what's going to be in the theaters.

1) DARK SHADOWS: A playboy plays the wrong woman.  The woman turns him into a vampire and buries him.  He is then unearthed in the year 1972.

The Good: Johnny Depp and Tim Burton teaming up in an Addams Family type romp.

The Bad: It's a goofy comedy and I still remember how bad Willy Wonka and Alice in Wonderland were.

Final Thoughts: I'm looking forward to seeing this.  I think it's going to be funny.  The trailers make it look funny but it might not appeal to everyone.

2) GOD BLESS AMERICA: A terminally ill man takes out his frustrations against the horribleness of American culture by killing them.

The Good: A really funny Dark/Revenge comedy directed by Bobcat Goldthwait.

The Bad: If the initial premise of the movie isn't appealing, there's very little else to keep you interested.

Final Thoughts: I think this is the movie to watch this week.  And I'm not positive it'll be in theaters everywhere.

3) GIRL IN PROGRESS: A girl inspired by her English teacher tries to bypass her teenage years and become an adult immediately.

The Good: It's a comedy featuring a very serious problem with single mothers.

The Bad: I don't see very many laughs in this supposed comedy.

Final Thoughts: I'd wait for a rental on this one.  I don't see a whole lot of reason to see it in general.

4) HICK: A little girl runs away from her abusive parents and hitchhikes out west.

The Good: It's starring who I believe is the next big female actress: Chloe Moretz

The Bad: It's a road trip type movie but there's no destination.

Final Thoughts: Rent it if you're looking for a drama one night.  Don't spend theater money.

See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment