Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Movies I'd Like To See: April

Happy April Fool's Day!  I know Easter is right around the corner so when you are finally sick after eating too much Easter chocolate, why not go see a movie?  Here's some that I personally can't wait to see.

1) The Three Stooges: This is an old school type of comedy featuring three comedic legends once again slapping and eye gouging the ever pants loads out of each other.  It's a throwback movie and I expect a mixed reaction but if you ever loved the Stooges, it's going to be a treat.

2) The Cabin in the Woods: It sounds like an old fashioned horror movie with a few twists from a wonderful director.  Sounds like fun.

3) Bad Ass: If you liked Machete, you'll love this one.  When Danny Trejo, Charles S. Dutton, and Ron Perlman get together... It's like the stars aligning in one great cosmic mess of testosterone.  This is a guy's movie.  And it will be glorious!

4) The Raven: I'm kinda on the fence with this one.  It basically a stylized version of Bradberry's "Usher 2" but we're throwing in a crime drama/buddy movie with Edgar Allen Poe.  Think of it kinda like Se7en but with less acting talent and a flimsier premise.  One one hand it sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen but I'm such a fan of Poe's work.  I don't know.  It could be good.

5) Safe: Jason Statham.  Nothing more. I'm just waiting for any movie he stars in to rival The Bank Job.  I won't give up on him just yet.  But I am getting close.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment