Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Coming Soon: 4/13/12

I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend.  It still makes me wonder what rabbits and eggs have to do with the resurrection of Jesus.  Anyone know?  I don't know.  It's just something on my mind.  Let's change subjects and talk movies shall we?

1) The Cabin in the Woods: Five people go to the woods, stay in a cabin, and scary things happen.

The Good: Joss Whedon wrote it.  Need I elaborate? 

The Bad: How inovative and new could this really be?

Final Thoughts: I'd like to see it.  I think Joss Whedon is an amazing writer and his first scary movie might be really fun to watch. 

2) The Three Stooges: The Stooges try to earn enough money to save the orphanage they grew up in.

The Good: I love the Stooges!  And Sean Hayes looks exactly like Larry Fine. 

The Bad: It's REALLY dated humor.  It might not appeal to anyone other than the nostalgic.

Final Thoughts: I grew up watching The Three Stooges.  I'm going to laugh my butt off at every head slap and eye gouge.

3) Lockout: An ex-government agent must rescue the president's daughter from a high security prison riot. 

The Good: Guy Pierce gets to ham it up in a mindless action movie.

The Bad: Everything about this movie screams cookie cutter.  It's every action movie you've ever seen.  Boring!

Final Thoughts: I have no interest in seeing something I probably could guess frame for frame.  Bonus points if you get this reference.... Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?

4) Bad Ass: Frank Vega was a Vietnam veteran who came home only to be shunned by society.  40 years later he stops a violent crime and again becomes a hero.  Only to have his best friend murdered and watch the cops do nothing about it.

The Good: If you liked Machete, you'll love this one.  It even has Danny Trejo.

The Bad: If you don't like B movie/exploitation movies, you won't like this.

Final Thoughts: I want to see this movie more than any other this week.  I loved Machete and every exploitative moment.  The plot of this movie is all over the place, but I only see that making this movie that much more fun.

See you at the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment