Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Coming Soon: 4/6/12

I wasn't sure if I should wait to do this or not.  I have a special trip with my fellow karate students this week and I had to get this done plus my "Movies I want to see" article because, hey, March is just about over!  Weather has really sucked here in the Seattle area.  Nothing but cold and rain.  But now is the time to see what is coming out next week.

1) Titanic 3D: The love story between the poor boy and the wealthy woman on board the infamous Titanic.

The Good: It's a great romantic story set behind one of the most famous boat disasters.

The Bad: You've already seen it.  Probably more than once.  I'm willing to bet most people have it on DVD so why pay for the ticket?

Final Thoughts: It's a great date night movie.  And it is one of the highest grossing movies of all time.  It's a good one and seeing it again on the big screen is awesome.  But I'm just going to ask: Is the 3D really worth it?

2) American Reunion: The American Pie kids are back for their class reunion.

The Good:  I refuse to waste my youth trying to find something good or interesting about this!

The Bad: More outdated sexual humor from a worn, stale franchise.

Final Thoughts: I am so sick of sexual humor.  Watch it if you must but at least admit that every time you laugh, you are acting like every bully you ever knew back in high school.  You're laughing at the sexual misfortunes of others.  Whooptie F***ing do.  "Ha Ha.  He can't get laid.  He's so lame.  What a nerd."  Enjoy.

3) The Hunter: A mercenary is hired to go to Tasmania and find the believed to be extinct Tasmanian Tiger for genetic research.

The Good:  William F***ing DeFoe!  I love this guy.  He's in that same category as Nick Cage.  His movies are usually bad but he's just so much fun.

The Bad: The story is as B movie schlock as it gets.  If you don't like that kind of thing, you're going to hate this movie.

Final Thoughts: I want to see it just because movies like this are usually a laugh riot.

4) ATM: A guy goes to an ATM and is the target of a killer.

The Good: Despite the short/brief description of the movie, it is a strong enough story to build some real good scares.

The Bad: Movies like this are very hit or miss.

Final Thoughts: If you like movies like Buried, Phone Booth, etc. thne this one might appeal to you as well.  But with a weak cast, be prepared for disappointment.

See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment