Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Coming Soon: 2/8/13

I was excited to go see Stand Up Guys but of course it isn't playing in all theaters.  So, the theater I usually go to isn't showing it.  I still plan to see it but it means going a little further out of my way.  It's inconvenient.  Nothing more.  I've also heard a lot of buzz around Movie 43.  Many people with opinions I hold in high regard are calling this one of the worst movies they have ever seen.  Given the types of movies I've seen, I don't know if I'd call it the worst movie, but it has my attention.  Any movie being called "the worst" I have to see for myself just to see how bad it is.  Plus it makes for a fun read on my website.  So I might see it.  I certainly don't recommend you see it. 

That aside, here's what we can look forward to this week.

1) IDENTITY THIEF: A con-woman steals a man's identity which leads to a wild manhunt.

The Good: I've got nothing.

The Bad: It's a one note joke stretched to 90 minutes with horrible actors.

Final Thoughts: See at your own risk.

2) SIDE EFFECTS: A new anti-anxiety drug has unexpected side effects.

The Good: It's a smart thriller much like Contagion that has a good idea, a good cast, and Steven Soderbergh.

The Bad: It all rests on the movie's ability to tell a focused story.

Final Thoughts: Definately worth seeing.

3) TOP GUN 3D: The re-release of the 1986 pop culture hit about an ace pilot and his struggles to prove he is the best.

The Good: It's an amazingly heartfelt movie with some great airplane stunts.

The Bad: I can't imagine it's aged will.  Plus I'm not all that psyched to see the volleyball scene in 3D.

Final Thoughts: I have the movie on DVD.  I don't care that much about 3D.  I'd still recommend it if you haven't seen it, but it's cheaper to buy the DVD.

See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment