Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Coming Soon: 2/1/13

This month has been amazing.  I started going to a gym to help me lose weight plus I've had to really think about my future.  I won't bore you with the details but it's something that has occupied my time and going to the theaters to see a bad movie just didn't happen.  From the looks of it I didn't miss much.  Let's see what we have in store this week.

1) WARM BODIES: An odd take on the Zombie mythos as a zombie starts to regain his humanity.

The Good: It's a cheeky comedy with an interesting idea.

The Bad: Just another zombie movie coupled with a love story.

Final Thoughts: If done well, this kind of movie can be really good.  I've seen it done well with Zombie Honeymoon.  It might be worth it as a rental.

2) BULLET TO THE HEAD: A hitman teams up with a cop to track down their partner's killers.

The Good: A cheesy action comedy with Sylvester Stallone.

The Bad: Same old, same old.

Final Thoughts: I wouldn't expect great cinema, but maybe a good popcorn flick.

3) STAND UP GUYS: When a criminal gets out of prison, he's picked up by one of his old buddies.  Then they must confront their past.

The Good: Al Pacino, Alan Arkin, and "The Man" Christopher Walken.  Enough said.

The Bad: I don't care.  It has Christopher Walken and Al Pacino.

Final Thoughts: Can't wait.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment