Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Coming Soon: 1/18/13

I'm sorry I'm so late with this.  Normally I like to get these out on Mondays but this week was just crazy.  I got busy.  I got sick.  And it's January and there's very little good out there anyway.  Lots of excuses I know.  I apologize.  So, groveling aside, here's what is coming out this week.

1) MAMA: Two girls have their mother killed and something is haunting them.  Is it their mother?

The Good: This is an old school style horror flick.  Much more emphasis on atmosphere and less on gore.

The Bad: It's still just about every ghost story you've ever heard.

Final Thoughts: It's worth a shot.  I can't imagine it winning many converts though.

2) THE LAST STAND: An LAPD cop moves to a sleepy little burg to be the sheriff of a small town where crime doesn't happen too often.  Until drug runners come roaring through his town.

The Good: It's an old school '80s style action movie.  Perfect for a guy like Schwarzenegger.

The Bad: There isn't much to it other than big explosions and car chases.

Final Thoughts: If I had to pick a movie worth seeing this month, this might be it.

3) BROKEN CITY: A private detective is hired by the mayor to follow the mayor's wife.

The Good: Marky Mark?

The Bad: It's a movie that wants to be drama but only gives melodrama.

Final Thoughts: Might be fun, but I doubt it.

See you at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment