Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Coming Soon: 9/28/12

Man I saw some great movies this week.  I needed a week like this.  I still haven't seen End of Watch, but I might squeeze it in before the Friday new releases.  In the meantime, here's what is coming out on Friday.

1) LOOPER: Time travel exists and it's illegal.  So, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, they send him 30 years into the past where a hired gun kills that person.  Until one day the mob decides to send the hired gun into the past to be killed.

The Good: It's a very smart sci-fi movie with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

The Bad: I don't understand why they send people into the past.  And the previews make it look like some people have magic powers.

Final Thoughts: I'd see it but be wary of some things that might be out of place.

2) HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA: Dracula runs a hotel that caters to monsters so they don't have to interact with humans.  Then a little boy finds the hotel.

The Good: It has all your favorite monsters.

The Bad: This is a story so lacking in any kind of imagination or creativity, I'm surprised it exists.

Final Thoughts: It might be good for kids, but not for anyone else.

3) SOLOMON KANE: Kane is a 16th century warrior looting and pillaging all across Northern Africa until he tries to attack the wrong castle.

The Good: This is a movie that is for guys like me that enjoy absurdity. 

The Bad: I don't know if it plays into the cartoonish nature enough.

Final Thoughts: I want to see it.  This is a very Conan-like movie.  If you like epic action with funny quips, this is your movie.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment