Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Coming Soon: 2/24/12

Forgive the lateness of this.  I really do try to get these done on Monday.  Things just piled up on me and I lost track of my days.  Anyway, time to see what's out there this week.

1) Wanderlust: A stressed out New York couple find a quirky place where they learn about a different way to live.

The Good: It's a quirky brand of comedy.  Lots of sexual humor and crazy situations.

The Bad: I'm not sure it offers much more than crude humor.

Final Thoughts: I can see this being a very uneven comedy.  Some parts are going to be good, but overall I think it'll be disappointing.

2) Act of Valor: A fictional account of real life Navy SEAL operations.

The Good: An interesting experiment of incorporating real life military with movie cinematics.

The Bad: It advertises that it is starring real life Navy SEALs but I'm looking at the movie's cast and I'm seeing only veteran actors.  And not very good ones either.

Final Thoughts: I want to see this movie really badly, but if the action isn't very good, this movie is going to suck.

3) Gone: A woman's sister goes missing.  Fearing that a serial killer abducted her, she races against the clock to save her sister.

The Good: I really like the subplot of how everyone thinks she's crazy.

The Bad: It feels really contrived.  Be careful.  This has bad movie written all over it.

Final Thoughts: I won't see it.  I have no faith in Amanda Seyfried as a leading actress.  Especially in an action/thriller.

4) Tyler Perry's Good Deeds: A guy stuck in his own bubble meets someone that challenges his world view.

The Good: I don't know.  Maybe it won't suck as much as I think it does?

The Bad: This is an egotistical piece of garbage written, directed, and starring Tyler Perry.

Final Thoughts:  Did you get the joke?  The title?  It's a Tyler Perry movie featuring Tyler Perry where Tyler Perry does a "good deed"?  Yeah.  Not funny.  I know.  Tyler Perry sucks.  Keep walking.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment