Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Coming Soon: 2/3/12

Hey everyone.  I know my theatrical movie reviews have kinda been few and far between.  There's a few reasons for that.  1) There's not too many playing I'd really want to spend money to watch.  2) I've been pretty busy with getting registered for classes and taking care of my parents.  And 3) I've been trying to get research done for the movie I'm writing.  I'm setting up a deadline of the next 6 months.  It's mostly for me so I actually get around to making it happen so I need a goal to meet. 

Anyway: I'll try to do more older movies since I can watch many of them on tv and from my DVD collection.  I certainly don't have a short supply of older movies I could talk about.  If there are any requests, don't be afraid to post a comment.  I'll be sure to get it on the list. 

With all that aside let's see what's coming out this week.

1) The Woman In Black: A ghost is haunting a village

The Good: Daniel Radcliffe doing something other than Harry Potter.  Should be a scary movie too.

The Bad: The trailers don't really give us very much in terms of what the story is about or enough to judge any acting performances.

Final Thoughts: There really just isn't enough information to even make an informed guess on if it's a good movie or not.  If you like ghost stories, go ahead.  It might be good.  But I just don't know.

2) Chronicle: High school kids get super powers and start abusing it.

The Good: It's not your standard super kid comic book movie.  Instead of being drawn to fight crime, they use it to pick up girls and play pranks. It's an interesting idea.

The Bad: Who's the guy we are supposed to cheer for? 

Final Thoughts: The effects look good, the story is interesting, but I'm just not interested enough to see it in the theater.

3) Big Miracle: The true story of how people saved gray whales trapped under ice.

The Good: True stories are usually great.  And who doesn't like a feel good family story with animals?

The Bad: It's Dolphin Tale with whales.  It's going to be really boring.

Final Thoughts: skip it.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment