Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Coming Soon: 5/17/13

I didn't go to the theater last week.  Instead I stayed home and watched some awesome movies.  I also bought Fists of Fury and Gojira at my local discount book store.  Now that's what I call a good weekend.  So what's coming out this week?

1) STAR TREK - INTO DARKNESS: The crew of the Enterprise must face an internal threat to the Federation.

The Good: Watch the trailer.  Action.  Glorious action.

The Bad: It's still this "alternate reality" Star Trek.

Final Thoughts: I could go on forever about why I think this "alternate reality" is a bad idea.  I know why they did it; to attract a new base of fans.  Generally speaking, I want to see the Star Trek universe expand and grow; not necessarily start from the beginning except radically different.  I think this is going to be a very good movie.  But I'm afraid I'm just going to be one of those guys that just can't enjoy it as much as I would like; not because of anything particularly wrong with the movie itself, but just what it isn't the Star Trek I grew up watching.  It's completely unfair.  I acknowledge that.  It's just how I feel.

2) ERASED: An ex-CIA agent and his daughter are targeted for termination and they must fight to stay alive.

The Good: I don't know.  How much did you like Taken?

The Bad: It's about as formulaic a story as it gets. 

Final Thoughts: It's not worth your time.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment