Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Coming Soon: 5/10/13

Last week was the debut of Iron Man 3.  I actually saw it.  I really liked it.  I've heard a lot of negatives about it as well, but it's always qualified by "but it's fun."  And yes some of the stuff Tony Stark does isn't what I would call intelligent.  And I heard someone say that if they were writing this movie, the villain would be the old girlfriend.  I don't want to go too deep into it here but it's something I'm thinking of tackling in one of my way past due editorials.  In the meantime, here's what is coming out this week.

1) THE GREAT GATSBY: The classic story of the lives of the super rich and high tragedy.

The Good: Leo DiCaprio is the kind of actor who can make any movie better.

The Bad: Baz Luhrmann.  Nothing else needs to be said.

Final Thoughts: Baz Luhrmann is the kind of director that is the epitome of style over substance.  If you don't believe me, watch Moulin Rouge.  I can only imagine how he screws up a classic story like this.  Oh wait.  I don't have to.  I just have to remember how big an egg he laid with Romeo + Juliet.

2) PEEPLES: A "regular guy" asks the patriarch of a preppy east coast family for his daughter's hand in marriage.  And hilarity ensues.

The Good: Craig Robinson is a hilarious guy.

The Bad: Every thing else.

Final Thoughts: The story is cliché, the actors are B list at best, and... screw it with being nice... it's Meet The Parents.  This is just Meet The Parents but without  Ben Stiller and Bobby De Niro or any of the charm.  And that movie SUCKED!

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment