Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Movies I want to see: September

September is officially here.  While August has brought us a lot of fun, what can we expect for what is traditionally a slow month for movies?  Well, here is a list of movies coming out this month that has me exctied.

1) Shark Night 3D.  Anyone going to see this movie has to know that it's a B movie.  It's supposed to be bad.  That's the fun of movies like this.  They are campy, poorly acted, and a whole lot of fun. 

2) Warrior.  Now we are talking big time, fight time movies!  Forget boxing.  Mixed martial arts is the new epic fight game in town.  So a movie based on it was bound to come out sooner or later.  Truth be told there are already several but you get my point.  Early reviews are already very positive.  This is going to be great!

3) Contagion.  This is what I would call a horror movie.  A killer virus going world wide and all the panic that comes with it.  Can't wait to see this one.

4) Creature.  Much like Shark Night, this is more of a personal favorite.  It's about a half man half alligator in the boondocks of Louisiana.  I love monster movies when they are done well.  I want to see this.

5) The Treasure Hunter.  Think of it as National Treasure if it were in China.  I'm not sure if this movie will make it to the US theaters but with guys like Jay Chou in it, you know there's going to be some awesome kung fu going on.

6) The Legend is Born: Ip Man.  I saw Ip Man starring Donnie Yen and I'm hooked on this guy's story.  He's a legendary kung fu master who lived during the occupation of the Japanese and later became Bruce Lee's teacher.  If being Bruce Lee's teacher is the most BORING thing that happened in his life, try to picture what he went through.  There's several movies made about him already starring the best Chinese martial artists in the world so naturally Sammo Hung Kam-Bo had to have his turn.  Try to find it on DVD.

7) Moneyball.  I love baseball.  I love history.  I love true stories of overcoming adversity.  So why not a movie about Billy Beane starring Brad Pitt? 

8) Killer Elite.  I'll go see any movie with Jason Statham in it.  Throw in Robert DeNiro and Clive Owen and you can't go wrong. 

9) Machine Gun Preacher.  Ok.  This has to be the best title ever!  I don't even need to know what it's about.  It has the perfect B movie action title.  I'm there.

10) Dream House.  Daniel Craig in a horror/mystery movie involving several murders.  Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment