Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Movies I Want To See: September

Summer is over, kids are going back to school, and it's a new month.  I saw some really great movies this Summer and I also unfortunately saw some that I could do without.  What am I personally excited for in September?  Unfortunately, not too many.  But let's take a look at the big list.

1) Dredd 3D:  The trailers look great, but I think what really attracts me to it is the contrast to the Stallone version.  The Stallone version was not what anyone would call a great movie but it is a guilty pleasure and very quotable.  This one takes the source material a little more seriously and instead wants to be a legitimate action movie.  I have no idea if it will succeed in it's expectations or not, but I'm interested.

2) End Of Watch: For those not old enough to remember, but I would say the first reality show was COPS.  It was a show where cameras follow around on-duty cops and watch all the crap that cops have to put up with on a daily basis.  That's basically this movie but with a structured plot.  It has a few things I know I'm going to hate: shaky cam being the most irritating, but it's a first person movie and this is how you do the first person cam movies right.

3) Trouble With The Curve: It's Clint Eastwood.  The guy is hilarious.  And he also happens to be one of the greatest actors/directors of my generation.  The guy doesn't do bad movies.  And I LOVE baseball!  This is the one I'm most excited to see.  I know it's basically every movie he's done in the last few years with a crotchity old man reconnecting with his daughter.  Who cares?  It's Clint Eastwood!  It's going to be done well.

4) Solomon Kane: I can't explain why I want to see this movie.  Honestly it doesn't look all that good.  It's a generic action flick with a guy dressed like Jonah Hex fighting demons and those loose skin guys from Star Trek: Voyager.  It just looks fun.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment