Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Movies I want to See: August

Sorry I fell so behind in July with getting my coming soon articles out.  I've had a lot to do in July.  A lot of personal things came up and then I went on vacation for a week.  Time to take a look at what I'm excited to see in August.

1) Total Recall: A remake from the original 80s movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.  The previews make it look like it got a very needed technological update.  I'm not sure if it will be as fun as the 80s movie but I'm curious to see the woman with the three boobs.

2) The Bourne Legacy: It's a continuation of the Bourne trilogy with a new leading actor.  Jeremy Renner is an impressive actor and really showed me something special in The Town and The Avengers.  Seeing him in a starring role should be awesome.  Throw in Edward Norton and I expect a great movie.

3) The Campaign: Two great comedians making fun of political elections.  Right down to punching out a baby.  It's a farcical comedy and those can be hit or miss.  I'm expecting something really funny.

4) The Expendables 2: Is it going to be a good movie?  Probably not.  That doesn't matter though since it's going to be just jammed full of 80s style action and crappy dialogue.  It's going to be so much fun if you love watching old guys kick butt and blow stuff up.

5) Premium Rush: Generally speaking I don't really like the story.  I chose this one because Joseph Gordon-Levitt is just an amazing actor and he's earned a bit of loyalty from me.  He's in it, so I'm watching it.

See you at the movies

No comments:

Post a Comment