Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Movies I want to see: November

Hard to believe I forgot about this segement last month.  No matter.  October is just about finished so lets move on to movies in November.  What's got me excited this month?  Yeah this might be a short list. 

1) Tower Heist.  This is a bit of a perverse choice.  I'm not expecting this to be anywhere as good as Ocean's 11, but Ben Stiller is one of those actors for me.  Every movie of his is either really good or really bad.  Mostly bad.  Throw in Eddie Murphy and Alan Alda and what do you get?  I have no idea.  But I want to find out.

2) J. Edgar.  I love history.  It was my major in college so when a historical drama comes up, I get excited.  For those who don't know, J. Edgar Hoover was the former head of the FBI.  And there's more than one controversial story about him.  Cross dressing being the least of them.  Check it out.

3) Melancolia.  This one has weird written all over it.  But who cares?  Kiefer Sutherland!  It's being called a psychological disaster movie.  I have no idea what that even means.  But I'm interested and early reviews are very positive.

4) The Muppets.  It's the Muppets!  Enough said.  I grew up watching the Muppets.  I love these mop/puppet things.  The Muppet movies usually are very good.  Muppet Treasure Island while satirical was true to the spirit of the book and a lot of fun.  AND THEY ARE BRINGING BACK THE MUPPET THEATER!!!  The only thing that might sink this is.... of course.... Jack Black.

It's a short list unfortunately.  Not many big name movies coming out in November.  Remember this is a list of movies I personally want to see.  So, movies like Twilight: Rising Dawn part 1 and Harold and Kumar Christmas are not going to be listed because I don't want to see them.  God help me though I might end up seeing them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment